April 10, 2014
Two more organizations representing working men and women, The Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council and Unite Here Local 24, have endorsed Debbie Dingell in her bid to represent Michigan’s 12th District in Congress.
“Working men and women need a partner in Washington who understands their needs, appreciates their work and wants to fight for their future,” said Council Secretary-Treasurer Patrick Devlin. “We believe Debbie Dingell is the best person to stand up for us in Washington and that is why we are endorsing her campaign.”
Joseph Daugherty, President of Unite Here Local 24, said his members also want a partner who will work on their behalf.
“I am honored to have the endorsement of the Building and Construction Trades Council and Unite Here Local 24,” said Dingell. “If elected to Congress their issues will be my issues, just as they always have been.”
The Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council supports the interests of nearly 100,000 construction workers in the State of Michigan. Unite Here Local 24 includes over 7,000 hospitality workers in the Metro Detroit area. They join the following organizations and individuals in supporting Debbie Dingell’s campaign:
• The Michigan Teamsters.
• The Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters and Millwrights.
• The 12th Congressional District Democratic Party.
• The Michigan United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW) Locals 876 and 951.
• The Michigan Joint Council of the Retail Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU)
• The Brownstown Township, Dearborn and Southwestern Wayne County Democratic clubs.
• 12th District elected mayors and township supervisors.
• 12th District state legislators
• Emily’s List